The Next Presidential Debate Will Reportedly Be Held Virtually–Donald Trump Says He Will Not Participate

What a time to be a voter in America, y’all! Between the current pandemic and the interesting folks we have running for office, it seems like we just can’t catch a break. It is now being reported that the next Presidential debate is taking a turn, as it will be held virtually.

As we previously reported, Joe Biden was not here for the idea of having the debate if Trump were to test positive for the virus by next week. And while the Trump administration is confident that Donnie will have a negative result, CNN reports that the debate is now going virtual, and Mr. Trump wants not parts of it.

“I am not going to do a virtual debate,” he said on Fox Business. “I am not going to waste my time on a virtual debate.”

Members of the debate commission, however, are unsure about Donnie’s health, and released a statement to explain the commission’s decision.

“The second presidential debate will take the form of a town meeting, in which the candidates would participate from separate remote locations,” the statement reads. “The town meeting participants and the moderator, Steve Scully, Senior Executive Producer & Political Editor, C-SPAN Networks, will be located at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Date County in Miami, Florida. The White House Pool will provide coverage of the second presidential debate.”

How do y’all feel about having a virtual debate, Roomies? Let us know in the comments!

Want updates directly in your text inbox? Hit us up at 917-722-8057 or https://my.community.com/theshaderoom

 

View this post on Instagram

 

TSR STAFF: Brianne D! @beedev_ ____________________________________ After #DonaldTrump announced that he and Melania tested positive for COVID-19, not only did #JoeBiden wish them a “swift recovery”, but he also revealed that he and his wife Jill tested negative for the virus. Now, Joe is speaking openly about the next time he is set to face off in a debate against Trump, and he says it may not be a good idea to do so. ____________________________________ While speaking with reporters, Joe says that he and Trump should not participate in the debate, scheduled for October 15th, due to Trump’s positive coronavirus diagnosis. ____________________________________ “I think if he still has COVID, we shouldn’t have the debate,” Joe said. “We’re going to have to follow very strict guidelines. Too many people have been infected. It’s a very serious—click the link in our bio to read more! (: @gettyimages)

A post shared by The Shade Room (@theshaderoom) on Oct 7, 2020 at 11:45am PDT

 

The post The Next Presidential Debate Will Reportedly Be Held Virtually–Donald Trump Says He Will Not Participate appeared first on The Shade Room.